Barn Quilt Locations
4070 Prairie Rd, Urbana
Barn Owners: Lilli Johnson
Quilt Square: "Martha Washington"
Sponsors: Johnson Welded Products
The post and beam barn was built over 100 years ago. It sits on property that Lilli Johnson has owned for 47 years. The farm is in "The Pretty Prairie" and was named "Prairie Loam" by previous owner Charles Siebert. In recent years, Lilli has added a red steel roof and lots of paint to the barn.
Lilli chose the "Martha Washington" star for her quilt block and wanted it in Christmas colors.
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park