Barn Quilt Locations
104 Campground Rd Urbana
Barn Owners: Ronny and Brenda Rutan
Quilt Square: "Card Tricks"
Sponsors: R&B Rentals
This pole barn was constructed in mid 1970s by Ronny, his two sons Doug and Deron, and brother-in-law Bill Blazer.
The quilt pattern "Card Tricks" is one of the first blocks Brenda learned to make and is still a favorite today.
Champaign County is conveniently nestled in the heart of west central Ohio.
- Established in 1805
- 30 miles from Columbus or Dayton; 10 miles from Springfield
- Serviced by U.S. Routes 68 and 36; within 15 miles of Interstates 70 and 75
- Blend of service, retail, manufacturing and agricultural businesses
- Miles of bike trails, hiking trails, rivers and wooded area wind its way through the county
- Population approximately 39,800; 428 square miles
- Quaint shopping, dining and art/antique shops
- Home to Warren Grimes the "father of aviation lighting"
- Well-known Champaign Countians include: William Saxbe, Clancy Brown, Johnny Appleseed and A.B. Graham
- Airport: Grimes Field (General Aviation)
- Home to Urbana University
- Destinations: Simon Kenton recreation trails, Cedar Bog, Ohio Caverns, Johnny Appleseed Museum, Mad River, Champaign County Fairgrounds, Kiser Lake State Park